Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Music Speaks the Truth

"You can buy your hair if it won't grow
You can fix your nose if he says so
You can buy all the make up 
That M.A.C. can make
But if you can't look inside you
Find out who am I too
Be in the position to make me feel 
So damn unpretty
I'll make you feel unpretty too"

~"Unpretty" by TLC


Day 10:
TLC brings up a crucial point about inner beauty. Anyone can change themselves to make them feel more 'beautiful'. However, what is on the inside cannot be altered.  Hair extensions, plastic surgery, eating disorders, and makeup are only shallow ways to make your appearance supposedly more aesthetically appeasing. 

I sang this song yesterday at a benefit concert with my friend. As I listened to these beautiful, touching words, I realized the true meaning of the song. 

Go ahead. Change yourself. Put on a facade of perfection. But make sure that you always can look inside of yourself and love who you are. 

My goal for you today is this: watch the "Unpretty" music video. You will witness 2 women who have these amazing breakthroughs. They provide great examples for you. 

You can have an epiphany too. You will realize that you are so pretty inside and out and do not need to change a thing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your opinion is valued. You are beautiful!