Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Cycle Ends Right Now

"You, with your switching sides
And your wildfire lies and your humiliation
You have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them
I walk with my head down
Trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you
I just wanna feel okay again

I bet you got pushed around
Somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now
'Cause you can't lead me down that road
And you don't know, what you don't know..."

~"Mean" by Taylor Swift

Day 6:
There are many experiences that people encounter which results in bad thoughts about themselves. The example which Taylor supplies is bullies hurting her self esteem. However, she points out that these bullies were hurt as well and just passing on the pain. 

However, low self esteem is manifested by your own thoughts and views about yourself. Try to see yourself in a positive light because after all, you play a very important role in the lives of people around you. No matter what you think, you are loved by so many. 

My goal for you today is to be like Taylor and stop this vicious cycle of hurting people's image of themselves. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your opinion is valued. You are beautiful!